- 3 slices bacon
- 1 head cauliflower (about 2 pounds), cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese, divided
- ⅔ cup sour cream
- 4 scallions, sliced, divided
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; cook until crisp, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and let cool. (Reserve the drippings in the pan.)
- Combine cauliflower, pepper, salt and the bacon drippings in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Roast, stirring twice, until tender, about 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 cup cheese, sour cream and half the scallions in a small bowl. When the cauliflower is tender, stir the cheese mixture into the cauliflower in the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup cheese. Bake until hot, 5 to 7 minutes more.
- Chop the cooled bacon. Sprinkle the hot casserole with thebacon and the remaining scallions.